Last Update Date: 8/13/2014
“Content” means links, text, graphics, images, music, audio, video, information or other materials.
“Contour Content” means all Content that Contour makes available through the Service, including any Content licensed from a third party, but excluding User Content.
“User” means a person that accesses or uses the Service.
“User Content” means all Content that a User provides to Contour, whether submitted, posted, uploaded, published, emailed, sent, or transmitted via the Service or in response to or in connection with Content previously provided via the Service.
“Collective Content” means User Content and Contour Content.
The Service is intended solely for persons who are 13 or older. Any access to or use of the Service by anyone under 13 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Service you represent and warrant that you are 13 or older.
In order to access certain features of the Service you may be required to create an account (“Account”) and become a “Registered User” of the Service. During the registration process you will be required to provide certain information and establish a username and a password. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and at other times when you use the Service and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete. Contour reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Account if any information provided during the registration process or at other times proves to be inaccurate, not current or incomplete. You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Contour of any unauthorized use of your Account.
Contour Content and User Content License
Idea or Proposal Submissions
By submitting your idea or proposal you acknowledge and recognize that Contour has a number of well-established product lines and is continually busy working on new products, services and technologies, and as such, Contour may currently or in the future be internally developing proposals, ideas or information or receiving proposals, ideas or information from others that are likely to be similar to the proposals or ideas provided by you. Accordingly, nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as a representation or inference that Contour will not independently develop or authorize the development of products, services or ideas, for itself or for others, that may compete with or be similar to the proposals or ideas you submit. Moreover, Contour assumes no fiduciary or confidential obligation of any kind with respect to any proposals, ideas or suggestions made by you that relate to Contour product lines or services. You understand we cannot and do not agree to treat as confidential your ideas, proposals, products, improvements or any other information you may decide to submit or disclose to us, even if the documents are marked as confidential or you indicate the confidential nature of the information, except to the extent covered by a separate written nondisclosure agreement, if any, we may choose to enter into with you. You also understand and agree that Contour’s willingness to review any proposals or ideas is not an admission by Contour of novelty, priority, or originality and does not impair Contour’s right to contest existing or future patents or copyrights claiming the ideas. You agree that Contour assumes no liability in reviewing these proposals or ideas and agree to rely solely upon such protection as may be afforded under the Patent and Copyright Statutes of the United States of America.
Contour respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. Contour has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of registered users or other account holders who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. Please see Contour’s Copyright Policy here, for further information.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content (including any links thereto) that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Service, or any individual element within the Service, Contour’s name, any Contour trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Contour’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, Contour’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Contour’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Contour system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Contour or any of Contour’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Service or Collective Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Service or Collective Content or download Content or Collective Content from the Service through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Contour or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Contour trademark, logo URL or product name without Contour’s express written consent;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Service or Collective Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Service or Collective Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Service;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Service from other users of the Service without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
The Service contains links to other websites and online resources and you understand that by using the Service and accessing third party links, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate. You understand and agree that Contour is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by AVOS of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
If you choose to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Service or otherwise (in written or oral form) (“Feedback”), you acknowledge and agree that all Feedback will be the sole and exclusive property of Contour and you hereby irrevocably assign to Contour and agree to irrevocably assign to Contour all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including any intellectual property rights therein.
Sweepstakes and Contests
Termination and Account Cancellation
THE SERVICE AND COLLECTIVE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CONTOUR EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. CONTOUR MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE OR COLLECTIVE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. CONTOUR MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR CONTENT PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY COLLECTIVE CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM CONTOUR OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR COLLECTIVE CONTENT, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICE AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
Limitation and Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND COLLECTIVE CONTENT REMAINS WITH YOU. NEITHER CONTOUR NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICE OR COLLECTIVE CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CONTOUR HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Proprietary Rights Notices
All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of Contour used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Contour. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective parties.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction